Columbus Insurance Market
Shop the insurance market Home Home Contact Us Locations
Auto Insurance Home Insurance Motorcycle Insurance Personal Insurance Commercial Insurance About Us Contact Us

If my house catches on fire and my car burns while parked in garage, will my homeowners cover it?

Then answer is NO!

Ohio homeowners insurance policy

A homeowners policy does not cover anything that is motorized.  The only items with a motor to be covered are items used to service the property or items used to assist the handicapped. Endorsements can be purchased to cover watercraft and other recreational vehicles.

As for the burnt up car, it could be covered under your auto policy depending on what coverages you have.  Do you know what part of your Ohio auto insurance policy would cover this type of loss?  If you don't know you might want to give us a call.
(614) 560 7875

Ohio insurance agency
Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2012
  • 2011
  • 2010

View Mobile Version